Name: Drew Goodman

Diagnosed: April 22, 2004

Diagnosis: Giloblastoma Multiforme IV Brain Tumor

Contact: Mother: Gina Goodman



Summary of Drew's Progress
m/o Drew-B - MCV/VCU Hospital-Richmond, VA (outpatient)

dx 4/22/04 Brain Tumor, resection 4/26/04, Home 4/29/04, dx 4/30/04

Glioblastoma Multiforme IV, 42 days 70 mg Temador ended 6/30/04

33 treatments radiation ended 7/9/04

5 days 150 mg Temador started 7/24/04 - 4/26/05

4/26/05 - completed Temador Protocol - off treatment

Clean MRI's
9/23/05 - MRI-CLEAN
12/14/05 - MRI-CLEAN-possible necrosis
1/20/06 - MRI - CLEAN (emergency due to symptoms)
5/19/06 - MRI - CLEAN
9/13/06 - MRI - CLEAN
1/9/07 - MRI - CLEAN
1/24/07 - "de-ported" - No more port-a-cath


( Drew was only 4 when diagnosed with this adult brain tumor)


Drews Testimonial

Drew is the youngest of 6 children. He was born January 18, 2000. He has always been a very active, "normal" boy. He loves God, his family, friends, Power Rangers, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Aladdin, and girls. Drew has never met a stranger.

In March 2004, Drew complained of headaches. He would projectile vomit for no reason and without warning. There were no other symptoms or problems and it didn't happen every day. The pediatrician treated him first for a virus and then a couple of weeks later treated him for a sinus infection. When Drew did not get better, but worse in a matter of days, the doctor agreed to order a cat scan of the sinus cavity.

The cat scan of the sinuses revealed nothing. Drew was very sick, vomiting a lot and very lethargic. After seeing the pediatrician again, the following tests were ordered, through the Emergency Room; a whole head CT scan with and without contrast, Spinal tap, and blood work.

The first test they ran was a whole head CT scan. We were allowed to be present during the scan. We knew right away that something was wrong by the way the medical team was reacting.
We were told that the CT scan revealed a mass. They told us there was no reason to do any other tests because he would be transferred to the local teaching hospital. Since it would take hours to get an ambulance, we drove him to the teaching hospital. He was admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit that night.

At the hospital, an MRI was set up for the next day.
The MRI revealed a large mass in the left frontal and temporal lobes. Surgery was scheduled for Wednesday, April 28, 2004. By Sunday, the tumor was not responding to the steroids and Drew was getting very sick. The surgeon came in to check on him and moved surgery to Monday, April 26, 2004.

Surgery went well, it took 3 ½ hours and 98% of the tumor was removed. Drew recovered quickly and was released to go home on April 29, 2004. On April 30, the pathology report confirmed that the tumor was a Glioblastoma Multiforme, a very aggressive, adult tumor. The surgeon told us to go home and enjoy our time together, 5-12 months.

After researching the options, Drew was entered into Clinical Trial #ACBF0126 - Phase III.
This includes 33 radiation treatments, 42 days of Temador (chemotherapy) with 10 more rounds of 5 days on and 23 days off at a higher dosage of Temador, administered orally, at home. On April 26, 2005, Drew completed the last round of chemo required for the clinical trial.

As our world seemed to be crashing down around us, we prayed to God for guidance, strength and a cure. We would not accept the possibility that our son could die. We prayed, our family and community prayed. We received so much support from so many people.
My sister found the Poly-MVA website. We researched Poly MVA and spoke with Gary Matson and another Poly user before deciding to start Drew on Poly MVA.

On June 28, 2004 Drew started on 4 tsp. per day. Immediately, we saw Drew's energy levels increase. Drew has taken as much as 12 tsp. of Poly MVA per day for several months. Currently, he is on 2 tsp., daily, along with several other supplements and an organic diet. As of, October 2004, Drew has had clean MRI's. Drew is considered clean of active tumor. Over the past several years, Drew has been on Poly MVA and many other nutritional supplements and homeopathic remedies.

A Glioblastoma Multiforme tumor is completely unpredictable and very aggressive. Therefore, Drew is facing a lifelong fight. For now, the plan is to pray, continue on the Poly MVA regimen along with the vitamins, supplements and an all natural/organic diet.

Drew is currently in the 1st grade. He does have some learning disabilities and short term memory issues. There are very little motor skill issues other than some right side weakness. He plays baseball and soccer and is enjoying being a 7 year old boy.

We are thank God, our family, friends, community, support groups and Poly MVA.

The Goodman Family
Front John, Mini Mouse, Drew, Johnny,
back Stephen, Gina, Mickey Mouse

UPDATE: December 2007

Drew\'s MRI looks good. Merry, Merry Christmas to US! Drew will have another MRI the end of January. For now he will continue on chemo until the next treatment plan is decided. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Our family is wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy and HEALTHY New Year! _______

UPDATE: July 16, 2011

Drew is 11 years old and going into the 5th grade. He is living a “new” normal life with few limitations. In April of 2007 Drew started to show symptoms of recurrence. He would vomit almost every day at 9:15am. An emergency MRI revealed a sheeting/sugar coating on the top front of his brain. He underwent a spinal tap to see if the cancer was spreading to the cerebral spinal fluid, it was negative. Drew was put on steroids to help manage the symptoms. He was having increased trouble walking, talking and using his right hand and arm. The only treatment was Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. He underwent 60 dives at Duke University starting Memorial Day and completing July 3. The follow up MRI revealed “drastic improvement”.

On October 1, 2007, a routine MRI revealed recurrence. Drew had a second craniotomy on October 31, 2007. It was a 100% resection. The surgeon placed 3 Gliadel Wafers in the tumor bed. The hospital stay, door to door, was 42 hours. Drew started a regimen of Temodar in December and completed in May of 2009. Follow up MRIs showed no evidence of disease.

In October 2011, one of Drew’s teachers called with concerns he might be having seizures. He had an EEG and he was having constant partial complex seizures. He was placed on Trileptal to manage the seizures. A routine MRI on April 13, 2011 showed recurrence. On May 2, 2011 Drew had his third craniotomy. Again, it was 100% resection. This time, the hospital stay, door to door (we live 1 hour away from the hospital) was 34 hours. Drew will make brain surgery outpatient, yet. On June 19, Drew started Temodar 200mg 5/23 schedule. Drew continues to take his supplements and we monitor his diet. We are living life and making memories. Most of all we are fighting and NEVER giving up.

Return to Testimonial Directory




Home - Our Inspiration - Testimonials - Practitioners List - Scientific Research - What you must know

All rights reserved